• Develop, train, and manage education team and schedule trips
• Develop and implement with ORF staff marketing plans and increase school participation in River Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom programs
• Lead and conduct ½ day experiential education field trips for 4th – 12th grade students and special groups as part of the education team
• Lead and develop, with staff, our Student Conservation Leaders summer program
• Job requires local travel
• This physically demanding position involves lifting supplies and equipment (up to 50 lbs.), and seasonal exposure to the elements.
• Lead staff with program development, including public education outreach on topics such as climate change and forever chemicals
• Represent ORF and its programs at events, including the Cincinnati Coffee Festival, teacher conferences and other events.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Five years of environmental education experience
• Experience developing standards-aligned curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on learning
• Experience teaching K-12 students from a variety of backgrounds in informal and formal settings
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with a wide range of people including staff, teachers, community partners, students, volunteers, and elected officials
• Ability to work outdoors and complete physically demanding tasks
• Comfortable with standard software and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Google Drive, Dropbox
• Degree in environmental science, education, or related field
• Strong communication skills desired; ability to work self-directed and as team member
• General knowledge of environmental legislation and conservation issues
• Able to make decisions quickly and independently
• Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
Compensation: $38,000 – $42,000 + benefits package
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Ohio River Foundation
P.O. Box 42460
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Ohio River Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.