We’re hiring an Education Programs Manager to manage and grow our education programs, including our popular River Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom school programs and our new Student Conservation Leaders summer program.
• Develop, train, and manage education team and schedule trips
• Develop and implement with ORF staff marketing plans and increase school participation in River Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom programs
• Lead and conduct ½ day experiential education field trips for 4th – 12th grade students and special groups as part of the education team
• Lead and develop, with staff, our Student Conservation Leaders summer program
• Job requires local travel
• This physically demanding position involves lifting supplies and equipment (up to 50 lbs.), and seasonal exposure to the elements.
• Lead staff with program development, including public education outreach on topics such as climate change and forever chemicals
• Represent ORF and its programs at events, including the Cincinnati Coffee Festival, teacher conferences and other events.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Five years of environmental education experience
• Experience developing standards-aligned curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on learning
• Experience teaching K-12 students from a variety of backgrounds in informal and formal settings
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with a wide range of people including staff, teachers, community partners, students, volunteers, and elected officials
• Ability to work outdoors and complete physically demanding tasks
• Comfortable with standard software and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Google Drive, Dropbox
• Degree in environmental science, education, or related field
• Strong communication skills desired; ability to work self-directed and as team member
• General knowledge of environmental legislation and conservation issues
• Able to make decisions quickly and independently
• Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and enthusiastic manner.
Compensation: $38,000 – $42,000 + benefits package
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Ohio River Foundation
P.O. Box 42460
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Ohio River Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.