High school students: Join our Student Conservation Leaders summer program!
Participants will paddle, fish, hike, wade, seine, sample, observe and engage in restoration activities in our Ohio River Watershed, while developing their abilities in leadership, stewardship and conservation.
Each day of these one-week sessions begins and ends at a local river park. From there, participants will adventure up and down the waterway to engage in hands-on ecological investigations, activities and empowering conversations. Students will experience what it takes to be an environmental steward, and discover ways to lead their school and community towards environmental solutions.
Engage in field-level scientific investigations
Student Conservation Leaders program 2021 sessions:
- (June 21-25, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.): Nisbet Park ( Loveland, OH) – Little Miami River
- (June 28-July 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.): Avoca Trailhead (Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH) – Little Miami River
- Student applicants must be entering 10th – 12th grades for the 2021-22 school year.
- Deadline — Applications must be received by April 25.
- Applicants will be notified of their participation status by April 30.
- Space is limited. We cannot guarantee the acceptance of all applicants.
- Apply here: https://form.jotform.com/200468632126047
Course fee: $100. The course fee covers all instructional, travel (for any group trips from the site) and activity expenses, as well as an Ohio River Foundation T-shirt. The course fee does not include a daily lunch or refreshments. Students should bring their own water and lunch each day.
Scholarships are available! If interested, fill out this separate scholarship application by April 25: https://form.jotform.com/200384417445049
The Student Conservation Leaders Summer Program will adhere to all Ohio Department of Health and Center for Disease Control COVID safety recommendations that are current at the time of the program.
Participants are required to bring their own face masks. Masks will be worn during activities when the staff and participants cannot consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Evan Banzhaf, ORF Student Conservation Leaders program manager, at 513-279-2006.